Here are the main stories from the world of PPC over the past 7 days:
- Google confirm two changes to how top ads are displayed and make Website Optimizer available to all.
- Brad Geddes discusses what determines the ‘Account Quality Score’, ‘AdGroup Quality Score’ and ‘Keyword Quality Score’ for AdWords?
- John Battelle reports that AOL are to launch white label AOL-only AdWords system on Monday.
- Jennifer Slegg starts a new blog with some great early posts such as Targeting keyword variations for increased search & pay per click traffic, Using dynamic keyword insertion in AdWords URLs for higher click throughs and How to Brand with Google AdWords & Pay Per Click.
- Vinny Lingham posts about Google’s new metric: Impression Share.
- Search Engine Guide takes a look Inside Google’s New Pay Per Action for Advertisers.
- SERoundtable posts about Google entering TV market with TV commercial trial.
- And the Inside AdSense blog confirms some fresh, new look AdSense ads.
Yahoo! Search Marketing
- The YSM Blog confirm that short ad descriptions will be required from May, they also post an intro to finding your editorial status.
- The adCenter blog this week talks about capitalizing the display URL in adCenter, Integrating your offline marketing efforts with an online strategy and the release of a new Microsoft adCenter welcome guide.
- Andrew Goodman takes a look at multivariate landing page testing.
- SERoundtable cover the launch of Yell’s own PPC advertising solution.
There may be a couple of items I missed as I’m catching up at the moment after getting back to the UK yesterday. After going back 17 hours from Sydney to LA and then forward another 8 hours to GMT I’m still trying to work out which timezone I’m in at the moment, up at 4.30am today so I probably should be somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic at the moment! :)