CC Image Credit: Flickr
1) Top Search Event in UK/Europe – Outside of the US, SES is arguably the leading search marketing conference in the UK and Europe. Plus along with SMX London, Search Engine Strategies is one of the few conferences you can attend for advanced search marketing discussions. This does appear to be changing however, with very positive feedback from last years a4u expo and the promising Think Visibility coming up in March.
2) The Presentations – This may sound obvious, but there’s far more to a search event than just the presentations and Q&A’s. In this case the conference agenda looks very impressive and covers a wide range of topics from SEO and PPC to social media and affiliate marketing speakers. The conference is also likely to be UK focused in addition to covering global search topics from top US and International speakers (such as Rand Fishkin, Jill Whelan, Mike Grehan and Brett Tabke – amongst many others). The presentations are also aimed at different levels of the learning curve, so it’s great for beginners to get into the industry and just as useful for people with experience to learn some new tricks which they may not have thought of before.
3) Networking Opportunities – It’s a great chance to meet-up with lots of UK SEO and search professionals. And because SES is a popular and long-running conference, a lot of guys from the US will make the visit across the pond too. Giving you a chance to meet some interesting people (and entertaining drunks!) at both at the conferences and after event parties.
4) Cost – Yes, the conference passes aren’t cheap. But, other than SMX, if you want to visit another SEO conference of this level in 2009 you’re probably going to have to visit one of the US conferences. Plus seeing that it’s a very bad time for US dollar exchange rates it’s going to be a costly trip when you add in the conference passes, flights/transport, hotels, drinks and of course casino gambling!
5) Meet SEOptimise - Myself and Richard will be attending the 3-day conference, and blogging about the event, so why not come and join us! ;)