It’s been an eventful week in the SEO blogosphere, from Google CEO Eric Schmidt predicting the future of real time search engine indexing, to Yahoo flushing millions of dollars of Geocities PageRank down the drain! Here’s a collection of this weeks top search marketing and social media links from around the blogosphere:
- Google Web In Five Years – Google CEO Eric Schmidt talking about how ranking real time social media content is ‘the biggest challenge of the age’.
- Pitfalls to avoid when carrying out international SEO – Some great tips to keep in mind when carrying out SEO work for an international client.
- Google’s additional discovery method – Search Engine Land talks about how Google has a updated it’s web page discovery method using RSS and Atom feeds
- Yahoo Flushes Geocities down the drain – With the deletion of Yahoo’s Geocities, 7.45 million Geocities URLs now produce 404 error message, this blog post by Local SEO Guide suggests an alternative approach that would have had significant SEO benefits for Yahoo.
- Proof that social media is killing print magazines – An interestingly presented blog post showing how declining print press publications coincide with the rise in people seeking news online.
- Googles trial and error social media strategy – SEOptimise’s blog post from earlier this week on the success and failure of the various Google services.
- 6 Crucial steps to prepare for real time search integration – Six great tips on how you can prepare for Yahoo’s real time search integration with Facebook and Twitter updates.
- 11 Ways to get more comments on your blog – Eleven ways to increase the number of comments received on your blog posts.
- Missed SEO opportunities – An enjoyable case study for any SEO on how an online costume retailer recently missed a seasonal opportunity by having such a poorly optimised online presence.