Google changes faster than you can blink right now. Just some buzzwords that will bug you in 2010:
- Google Caffeine
- Google Real Time search
- Google Personalized search results
- Google Living Stories
- Google Phone
I could go on like for a while. It’s not my intention to confuse you even more though. I want to shed some light on the near future of Google, search and SEO. It’s a daunting task as I’m overwhelmed as well.
Thus I picked 30 resources on Google, search & SEO changes in 2010 from around the search industry and some main stream sources.
These articles explain some or several of the upcoming changes.
- Expect Caffeine after the holidays
- Google Caffeine Search Index & Algorithm Update | SEO Book.com
- More info on the Caffeine Update
- Google Caffeine Test Suggests Too Much Emphasis on Real-Time Indexing
- Google’s Caffeine May Cause Corporate Jitters – BusinessWeek
- Will Google Caffeine “Jolt” The SEO Community? by SEO Design Solutions™
- » Google Caffeine SEO Notes – John Andrews – johnon.com
- Google Caffeine and “SEO”
Google Real Time Search
- Official Google Blog: Relevance meets the real-time web
- Google Launches Real Time Search
- What is Google Real Time Search? | Search Engine People Blog
- Google Enables Real Time Spam and More
Google Personlized Search
- Official Google Blog: Personalized Search for everyone
- Google Now Personalizes Everyone’s Search Results
- Google’s Personalized Results: The “New Normal” That Deserves Extraordinary Attention
- The SEO guide to Google personalized search | Search Engine Optimization | Search Engines
- SEO 2.0 | 12 Effects Google Personal Search Will Have on SEO, Blogging, Social Media
- Google Extends Personalized Search, Further Complicates SEO | WordStream
Google Living Stories
- Official Google Blog: Exploring a new, more dynamic way of reading news with Living Stories
- Google Launches Living Stories News Experiment With New York Times & Washington Post
- The Googlephone: Google gears up for attack on mobile-phone market – Times Online
- Google Phone Could Mean Free Mobile Phone Service | LiveScience
- Official Google Blog: New site hierarchies display in search results
- Google Adds Breadcrumbs to Search Results Interface | SEO Book.com
- How to SEO for Google PlaceRank | Net Magellan
- Google’s new layout: Local SEO a million times more important » malcolm coles
- Micropayments: Could Google Make It Happen? | SEO Book.com
- All You Need to Know About Google’s New Feature Updates – Bruce Clay Blog
- Social and Search Marketing: It’s Complicated – ClickZ
During the holidays you’ll have plenty of time to deal with these changes so print those resources out and take them with you to read at home.
Judging from the incredible pace of change it seems that Google is a Transformer.
You need to become one as well.