Numbers and statistics are never true by themselves, it always depends on how you interpret them. On the other hand, without numbers you have no idea what’s going on. Thus we have to study statistics and all other data we can get to stay in business.
Here I’ve collected 35 crucial SEO, Twitter & social media statistics for business people to get an overview of what’s going on actually.
One statistic by itself often lies. Several statistics compared allow you to get a more accurate point of view. Almost all of these statistics have been published in the recent months so they use very current data sets.
- Marketing Budgets 2010
- TopRank Blogging & SEO Survey – Impact of Blogs on Search Engine Optimization
- Natural Search Trends of the Fortune 500: Q4 / 2009
- First Page Or Bust: 95% of Non-Branded Natural Clicks Come From Page One 02/17/2010
- How Important is the “Tail”? An Emperical Study
- Short Vs. Long Tail: Which Search Queries Perform Best?
- This Is It: The Most Popular Searches Of 2009
social media statistics
- Study: Ages of social network users
- The nuances of European social media
- Social Media and Young Adults
- “90-9-1″ Rule for Participation Inequality: Lurkers vs. Contributors in Internet Communities
- How Are Companies Leveraging Social Media?
- Changing Models: A Global Perspective on Paying for Content Online
- Understanding the Participatory News Consumer
- 20+ social media statistics revisited
- The Fastest Growing Social Sites
- Twitter demographics poses more opportunities for brand engagement
- Twitter’s Red Carpet Era – Celebrities and Criminals
- In-depth study of Twitter: How much we tweet, and when
- The State of the Twittersphere 2010
- Dell Rings Up $6.5 Million in Sales Using Twitter
- Led by Facebook, Twitter, Global Time Spent on Social Media Sites up 82% Year over Year
- One in five internet users are now on Twitter or another status update service
- Exploring the Use of Twitter Around the World
- How informative is Twitter?
- Viral growth trumps lots of faux followers
- Mobile App or Browser-Based Site? Report Says The Browser Will Win on Mobile
- YouTube Dominates Embedded Videos With 82% Global Share
- A Look Inside Online Video Engagement
- FT.com paid-for subscriptions up 9%
- Most Dugg Sites – Updated Daily
- Study reveals issues with search ads – trust and usefulness
- Google AdWords Click Through Rates Per Position
- Shared content on Facebook surges fivefold from seven months ago
- 35 Great Social Media Infographics
Why are SEO, Twitter and other social meida lumped together? Well, in 2010 you don’t divide anymore into strictly seperated enities SEO and social media, it’s all
- search & social
- digital asset optimization
- SEO 2.0
while Twitter is the foremost mover and shaker right now in spite of its huge brother Facebook. Facebook is rather for contacting real people you already know or could meet in real life.
Twitter influences the virtual and business landscapes more than any other site right now.
Why are these statistics crucial? Nowadays no business can afford to get no or bad publicity online. You need to know what works and how to be able to talk the talk. Otherwise people will talk about you and they won’t say pleasant things only. These statistics allow you to asses where your target audiences are and how they use social media and search.