Recently both my own SEO Blog SEO 2.0 and the SEOptimise blog have been featured in a few “top SEO blogs” lists. While I was of course delighted to get so much appreciation for publication I write for I also noticed that some of the “best blogs” weren’t best at all while other really good blogs about SEO were missing. Thus I decided to compile a list of 30 great SEO blogs you might not know yet.
These blogs and the respective bloggers involved are often funny, intriguing and posting in-depth articles. Others are on point and stay on top of events or cover SEO in a manner everyone can understand.
OK, long story short below are the blogs I refer to. For each blog I have a post I recommend as an example of the respective writing skills.
SEO Blogs by SEO Consultants, Execs and other Specialists
- SEO Begin: 261 Thank You’s to the SEO Industry 2010
- Hyder Media Blog: Every Website Tells A Story
- Ross Hudgens: The Ultimate Guide to Link Valuation
- Claire Carlile: ThinkVisibility 2010: Cherry popping SEO goodness
- Milwaukee SEO: Social Media Profiles for Quality or Rank?
- Hugo Guzman : The ultimate link-building secret weapon? “Thank you!”
- Matthew S. Diehl: Finding Links vs. Generating Links
- Blind Five Year Old: Facebook SEO
- Adam Sherk: Search Trend Optimization for Evergreen Content
- StayOnSearch: 100 Marketers You MUST Follow on Twitter
- Level43.com: How to Start a Content Strategy
SEO Blogs by SEO and other Companies
- Straight Up Search: It Ain’t Rocket Science.
- Orange Soda Blog: Increasing Website Conversions: How Categorization, Personalization, and Choice Limitation Can Increase Sales
- Voltier Creative : DIY Guide to Successful Linkbait Infographic
- Vertical Leap Blog: SEO Goals, KPI’s & Managing Client Expectations – Part 2
- Shark SEO: SEO Advice for Bootstrapped Startups
- SEO Design Solutions: Internal Links – Are You Making the Most of Yours?
- Think Traffic: How to Build a 50,000 Subscriber Blog in Two Years — with Jacob Gube
- Seer Interactive: 35 Local Link Opportunities You Missed
- Step Forth Blog: Google’s New Local Results – How to Adapt
- Search Mojo Blog: Think SEO Is Dead? Monitor It and Find Out
- Creare SEO Blog: Link Building Vs Relationship Building – Forging Bonds Online
- SEO Boy: Educate, Communicate and Succeed
Blogs by SEO Allstars and Veterans
- Explicitly Me: Jaamit
- Van SEO Design : How To Build A Credible Site: Stickiness Part IV
- Audette Media Blog: The SEO Guide to Information Architecture
- Beu Blog: 2009 Google Flash SEO
- SEO Theory: SEO Nonsense – Sculpting PageRank Builds Muscle
SEO Related Blogs from Outside the SEO industry
- Brian Cray: Diving deep into user behavior with Google Analytics, Event Tracking, and jQuery
- Unbounce Blog: Your Landing Page Sucks! Here are 10 Examples That Don’t…
Of course these 30 blogs are nit the only blogs I really recommend. Time limitations made me limit this list to those who caught my eye ore recently. I’ve collected many more weblogs from the SEO industry and beyond on Blekko in the offical /seoblogs slashtag.
Which dark horse SEO blogs do you read? Add them in the comment section. You can promote yourself as well or complain for not being included!