The second day of SMX started with a panelist discussion on social shares, and top tips on how marketers are truly going to be influential.
Here are the top takeaways from the first morning session with more to follow later on today!
Social Shares | New Link Building from @LisaDMyers
- Rel=Author one of the key factors of Link signals in years to come, mixing in the need of SEO & Social Media
- If your not there already understand and begin to use Google +, as research has shown a direct correlation for companies having better SERPs because of using G+
- The end game has not changed in terms of link building, in essence creativity is essential to build great links
- Examples of short term Social SEO link building: post and publish blogs, articles, breaking news, infographics, competitions and interviews
- Example of long term Social SEO link building: create a social community, developing a blog, writing white papers and making yourself seem a social authority
- Understand your target market in making sure they will share your items, relevancy is key
- Makes the most of what is happening now in the market
Making Waves Not Ripples: Effective Syndicatoin to Drive Social Sharing from @mrjamescarson